The Mercer County Bar Association does not handle disciplinary matters or complaints about attorneys.

Under the Constitution of Pennsylvania, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania has exclusive jurisdiction to oversee the conduct of lawyers. The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania has created the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the Office of Disciplinary Counsel to assist it in carrying out this function. All complaints are received and investigated by the four regional offices of the Office of Disciplinary Counsel.

For the phone number and locations of those offices, click here


 To receive a referral by email, please complete the form   below. In the message section, briefly describe the   reason  you need an attorney and also the name of the   attorney representing the other party if applicable. When   finished, click the SUBMIT button.



Information and forms online at:

Mercer County

Bar Association

Northwestern Legal Services



P.O. Box 1302    Hermitage, PA 16148




If you have a dispute with a member attorney over a fee that you have paid and want to have the matter resolved by the Association’s Fee Dispute Committee, please contact the Association office at 724-342-3111.

This process is ONLY for fee disputes.

The Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania has an excellent website for the general public to answer questions such as:

How does the disciplinary system work?
How do I look up an attorney to see if the attorney is licensed or disciplined?
How do I report an attorney?
Frequently Asked Questions.

To visit this website, click here

  The Mercer County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service is designed to assist people in locating lawyers for specific types of legal matters. Clients can be referred by telephone or the internet (see form on this page). The LRS operates by matching potential clients to a member of the Lawyer Referral Service, who is also an attorney member of the Mercer County Bar Association.

  The attorney you are referred to by the LRS  may charge a consultation fee, and if hired, his or her regular rates. There is no charge to you for the REFERRAL. 

The Lawyer Referral Service does not answer legal questions, give legal advice or provide forms to file for any type of legal matter "pro se".

    The Mercer County Lawyer Referral Service  is not "Legal Aid"  If you live in Mercer County and cannot afford to hire an attorney, please contact: